“The more clearly we focus our attention on the wonders and realities of the universe about us, the less taste we shall have for its destruction”
BEEC is located on a picturesque old farm in Brattleboro, Vermont. Today the former farm buildings shelter campers, school groups and provide office space to our staff. The pastures and forests offer natural beauty to those who walk our trails, and outdoor learning opportunities for those who attend BEEC programs. The sweeping view from the summit of Heifer Hill is not to be missed.
Our programs include:
- Science-based school programs
- Nature explorers youth programs
- Natural history hikes and workshops
- Educational programs on environmental issues
- Professional development workshops & environmental education curriculum for county teachers
- Conservation planning resources
- Salamander Crossing Brigades and more . . .
BEEC has 2 miles of trails that are open for walking from dawn until dusk.